- Mon, 12:00: Think I'm going to have to stop reading the Daily Mash. It's rubs now. *stares out of window into rain as montage of good times past plays*
- Mon, 12:14: Reports of Richard Carpenter having died. Sad if true. Very big fan of his version of English mythology.
- Mon, 12:40: RT @AnthonyHorowitz: Just heard that Richard Carpenter, creator of Robin of Sherwood, died yesterday. He was a genius and a lovely man. ...
- Mon, 12:46: Might start keeping a SF short story spreadsheet - 'They were a robot all along', 'Narrator was an alien all along', 'Not actually SF'.
- Mon, 13:06: Wow. The Mail is really plumbing new depths of hate with this Trans children stuff. Not even gong to link to it. Made me feel ill.
- Mon, 13:09: I know people are going 'Duuh, it's the MAIL' at that tweet. But it does still surprise me when they slide from bigotry into hate speech.
- Mon, 19:24: RT @Lawrence_Miles: Remember, kids: cigarettes aren't cool. Cigarette *holders* are cool.
- Mon, 19:29: RT @ZomDa: A brief glance at the Internet confirms that - yes - everyone is still awful.
- Mon, 21:37: There is a fucking NOISE in our house (or possibly outside it). It is regular. It is a kind of electronic buzz/alarm noise. It will kill me.
- Mon, 21:43: AAAAARRGH! It did that thing where it stops *just* long enough for you to think it's gone forever.
Full of tits and innards
I believe it was Voltaire who said "well, then fuck them."
28 February 2012 @ 11:52 am
24 February 2012 @ 12:08 pm
- Thu, 12:56: My feet are still bollocksed from Saturday's wedding. I should not have danced in foolish shoes.
- Thu, 13:05: RT @bengoldacre: ha good line> RT @srheywood: the #NHSbill makes as much sense as giving each local authority a few quid to buy tanks ...
- Thu, 14:11: RT @TwopTwips: RECREATE the excitement and anarchy of this year's Brit awards by sucking a lozenge whilst watching Antiques Roadshow. (v ...
- Thu, 15:13: Oh man, a backed up sink regurgitating vegetable sludge? JUST WHAT I WANTED TODAY!
- Thu, 15:15: THE BEGINNINGS OF A MIGRAINE, TOO? YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE!
- Thu, 16:01: RT @Blackbeards_TP: I think '80s terrorist glam' might be a good way to describe my planned wardrobe for the summer festival season.
- Thu, 17:29: Sink still blocked.
- Thu, 18:55: RT @badmachinery: Gold star RT @AndrewMaleMojo: If you tweet about your liking of Just William books, does a Violet Elizabeth bot appear?
- Thu, 19:26: The sink is still blocked. I have ordered Mexican food and over-priced red wine.
- Thu, 19:41: Playing some Bowie now. Shit is going *down*.
23 February 2012 @ 12:08 pm
- Wed, 12:26: On the plus side, there is leftover pancake batter. Pancakes for lunch. #rebel #fuckthemansrules #lifeontheedge
- Wed, 12:54: RT @RevStu: I see Sony are suggesting the Vita might be "the iPod for videogames". Are you going to tell them, or shall I? #psvita
- Wed, 13:05: Wait what type of cat and mouse game are they playing, bad SF short story I am reading? Ah, DEADLY, that explains it. #awfulSF
- Wed, 13:37: All the pancakes are gone. #despair
- Wed, 14:41: RT @McKelvie: Hey! What's this? http://t.co/FBxWdJHD
- Wed, 15:04: RT @davidwhittam: I really think they should have stuck with 'Every Little Helps'. http://t.co/WrGYfhZW
- Wed, 15:07: RT @swarthmoreburke: In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of being abused by obsessive lunatics in response to a reasonable, sub ...
- Wed, 17:41: “Wild Dances” by Ruslana is my new jam. ♫ http://t.co/605t1IvG
- Wed, 18:24: RT @johnnyeponymous: I've figured out how to discover Jack the RIpper's identity. Publish his letters on a site, credit myself and then ...
- Wed, 18:40: RT @RL_Stine: Is it time for pictures of a flying baby? Of course it is. http://t.co/odtEwSYt
16 February 2012 @ 12:08 pm
- Wed, 12:22: RT @robinbogg: Wow. Just look at the private sector picking up that unemployment slack
- Wed, 12:26: @RMH40 @camassey "So, how was you're Valentine's Date?" "Hehehe. Let's jet say they took an 'arrow' in the…knee? Wait… What? So alone…"
- Wed, 12:30: RT @pauljholden: I'm with Paul cornell - more sexy ladies on panels!
- Wed, 12:35: Just managed to type a tweet with both a you're for your error and 'jet' instead of 'just'. Fuck's sakes.
- Wed, 12:37: Also I have headache and a slight cough. If it turns into a cold I'm going to kill everyone/self. #fairwarning
- Wed, 12:53: Um.
- Wed, 12:58: Just found an old sketchbook. Contents - couple of sketches by Paul Grist, Langridge etc that I presumably got at comic con years back.
- Wed, 12:59: The rest of the sketchbook is filled with hardcore Saphire & Steel porn that I have no memory of drawing.
- Wed, 13:00: About four different layers of worrying there.
- Wed, 13:13: Hmm. I clearly either thought that Silver would be the most enthusiastic element, or felt insecure in my ability to draw David Collings face
01 February 2012 @ 01:12 pm
- Tue, 13:32: Reading a review of the new Leonard Cohen album. The opening paragraph outlines that most of the songs are about the bible and fucking.
- Tue, 13:33: Thanks for ruining the surprise internet reviewers! :( #spoilers
- Tue, 13:36: RT @TwopTwips: STEVEN SPIELBERG. When life gives you Indiana Jones and the Last Crus, make Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. (via @_L_ ...
- Tue, 14:33: RT @AndrewRilstone: Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold.Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold.Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. Cold ...
- Tue, 15:07: Just accidentally batch renamed a huge bunch of files mid-download. With predictable results. #fuckfuckfuckityballs
- Tue, 17:19: RT @laurenlaverne: Maybe instead of stripping him of his knighthood they could just have changed his name to Sir Fred Badwin and made hi ...
- Tue, 17:23: RT @Findus_Dinner: @stebax I'm going for Sir Mixalot. Going on about fat arses does not befit a knight of the realm.
- Tue, 18:01: RT @magslhalliday: Cuts force domestic violence refuges to turn victims away http://t.co/9NNLZiT1
- Tue, 19:57: I've got a staggering grump on, and Arthur Askey just popped up on shuffle singing 'The Bee Song'.
- Tue, 19:58: That's the kind of thing that gets Batman villains started, that is...
30 January 2012 @ 01:08 pm
- Sun, 22:11: I am listening to the Incredible String Band while reading a comic about wizards. I can almost feel my beard coming in. #Hobbitbotherer
- Mon, 11:02: RT @johnnyeponymous: I've watched Shoah in a single sitting, and yet it only felt about 1/2 as long as Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon.
- Mon, 11:07: RT @andrewducker: There is no child smacking ban. http://t.co/DhYtg9Yb
- Mon, 11:11: Had a brilliant dream. A version of Sherlock, set in the near future. But with SF/Fantasy elements. It was very Dr Who-y.
- Mon, 11:13: Also, Sherlock was a mate of mine, rather than CumberHolmes, and I was in he dream pretty much just taking the piss.
- Mon, 11:18: My dream spanned two series, at the end of one Sherlock had adopted an orphan. The second was set in a future where the orphan was an adult.
- Mon, 11:21: Also @pauljholden was in it.
- Mon, 11:23: Anyway. That was my Sherlock dream; which has caused me to be right pissy since waking up as I was really enjoying it.
- Mon, 11:28: @McKelvie @pauljholden where = were. I r gude at spelling.
- Mon, 11:29: RT @thedavesherrill: I've noticed girls like to wear shirts that say "I Love Nerds" but never want to hear all 45 ways I would have impr ...
27 January 2012 @ 12:07 pm
- Thu, 12:19: RT @rhodri: Christ, I'm sick of those meerkats. Yeah, it sounds a bit like "market". But I reckon using Morten Harket would sell more ca ...
- Thu, 12:19: RT @McKelvie: Got halfway to joke about having to sit inside DLT to get to Canary Wharf, realised it was horrific, stopped
- Thu, 12:21: RT @helenlewis: Just seen Guido's post on @pennyred & @LouiseMensch on Newsnight. Girls, girls, THIS is how to rock a TV studio "look" h ...
- Thu, 12:22: RT @bengoldacre: have you ever thought "i shld buy a second laptop charger", and then thought "no i need the exercise". and then thought ...
- Thu, 12:43: “Seven Curses” by June Tabor and the Oyster Band is my new jam. ♫ http://t.co/ByZsdzAr #thisismyjam
- Thu, 13:06: @AndrewRilstone @nickpheas I'd already written that when I remembered Bacharach isn't actually a singer, so that joke doesn't really work.
- Thu, 13:45: RT @currybet: RT @NickyWoolf: I'm sorry. Look at the PICTURE on this article. I mean, WHAT? http://t.co/VJBJuDQW <- Love the inclusio ...
- Thu, 14:08: RT @jasonmarkcook: Happy National "Just Pretend You're Having Normal Day" Day. Seen some great work out at the shops, you nutters! You ...
- Thu, 14:17: @StuartMaconie I used to have work dealings with a man named Denbigh Mudge. I'm still convinced he's thuggish sidekick to a 'Raffles' figure
- Thu, 15:31: RT @shaver: It's not clear to me how Wikipedia can delete any living human's page for lack of notability when Worf's son has a page.
25 January 2012 @ 12:09 pm
- Tue, 12:13: RT @bengoldacre: if my job was having a poo, headbutting the screen, and making tea, i'd be laughing right now.
- Tue, 13:27: Making hummus without a food processor is a complete arseache.
- Tue, 13:28: In related news, today I discovered that the spindle has gone missing from our food processor.
- Tue, 21:28: RT @hayleycampbelly: Thought the quote said "A humourous masterpiece." Was going to have a quiet word with those heartless dicks at Kirk ...
- Wed, 10:38: Sat on my arse all day yesterday. Slept for eleven hours last night. That can't be good.
- Wed, 10:42: RT @colinshelbourn: Ronald Searle's sketchbook from his PoW days, over on the tribute blog http://t.co/qpUEQQ8f
- Wed, 10:51: Huey Funloving-Criminal knows who Charles Hawtrey is. For some reason that delights me.
- Wed, 11:26: RT @ZomDa: For the late crowd: interesting article about odd folks in Paris performing guerrilla restorations: http://t.co/CHLo5lMg
- Wed, 11:53: I've lost my back-up server. It's not that it's gone down. I have literally lost the cardboard box with our new back-up server in it.
- Wed, 11:56: Smell the professionalism, twitter. #panic
24 January 2012 @ 12:08 pm
- Пн, 14:08: RT @phlaimeaux: If I was a wrestler, my name would be 'Nobel Prize Winner Seamus Heaney' just to see the booking mix-ups
- Пн, 14:32: Just seen a D list comedian do a pointless lie. Failed to summon energy to call them out. Twitter, there.
- Пн, 15:42: Should be learning some new (to me) software. I am not doing that thing.
- Пн, 16:02: Just found out that eating Morning Glory seeds apparently gets you very high, but makes you shit yourself. So there's that.
- Пн, 16:04: What I was trying to find out was when el chupacabras started being perceived as a canid in popular culture. But you takes what you can get.
- Пн, 19:50: RT @tkingdoll: The Aardman Pirates film has Darwin in it. Perhaps this leprosy thing was their dry run for dealing with complaints.
- Пн, 21:26: RT @alovelyhorse: "Well who gives a fuck about dinosaurs anyway!?" has just been yelled down this street.
- Пн, 22:00: If I take the laptop upstairs, will that make me *more* likely to finish my work tonight or just *less* likely to get out of bed tomorrow?
- Пн, 22:01: #workingfromhomedilemmas
- Вт, 00:33: Turns out that I now hate making websites.
23 January 2012 @ 01:08 pm
- Вс, 15:26: Just tried to buy a domain name and it was taken. By me in July apparently. I had to google to find out what I'd done with it.
- Вс, 16:41: Oh internet, you are always there when I want an Ismaili coming out movie with Kyle MacLachlan as the ghost of Cary Grant, and want it NOW.
- Вс, 18:46: RT @AbiWilks: Workfare apologists display exactly the sort of grass-is-always-greener jealousy and petty spite a universal citizens inco ...
- Вс, 22:17: Today I saw a Canadian attempt Morris dancing, and heard a ribald song about Cecil Sharp.
- Вс, 22:18: Jim Moray is like an adorable folk-muppet.
- Пн, 02:06: Can't sleep. Also there is somebody *digging* outside. At 2.15am. Which is alarming.
- Пн, 02:08: Tim will attest to the fact that I am not hallucinating this.
- Пн, 02:10: Nothing good has ever come from combining shovels and darkness.
- Пн, 11:02: RT @TheMissE: Hey Doctor Who fans: what if the Statue of Liberty is just a giant Weeping Angel that never moves because people are alway ...
- Пн, 11:05: RT @natmetcalfe: In 1972 Marlon Brando had the Last Tango in Paris, & that's why you can only get Orangina & Fanta there now.